Today, sport has become a popular trend among people of all ages. Virtually every person who leads a healthy lifestyle finds something to do in sports. Jogging is one of the most popular types of physical activity. Each of us has ever practiced it, whether at school in physical education, or to warm up before a basic workout. What is jogging, what advantages this sport has and how it is useful, we will reveal in this article.
How to run?
In this sport, it is important to respect not only the pace, but also the size of the step itself. Jogging is a slow, relaxed run at a speed of no more than 8 km / h. In other words, it is an “accelerated walk”, which is characterized by “splashing” with the foot on the ground. That is, with such a run, the step of exercising is small, not unfolded. The principle of this technique is to work out every part of the body, every muscle.
The benefits that this sport brings are colossal. True, you need to jog properly, performing this technique thoroughly, i.e. competently. Jogging (slow running) has some simple basics, under which you will not get injured or deformed intervertebral discs.
How to run correctly? Consider the main aspects:
- Speed. Trainee must maintain the pace of running. Do not exceed the speed of more than 8-9 km / h. Jogging is equivalent to race walking with a slight increase in speed. Although corpulent people need to start classes with walking, gradually increasing the load and moving on to a slow run.
- Step size With slow running a priori, a sweeping step is impossible. It is necessary to run in small steps so that the foot completely (from the toe to the heel) touches the ground, then the step will be optimal.
- The position of the pelvis. It should properly hold the whole body when running. Do not push the pelvis back (run “duck”) or reject the body. The position of the body must be even.
- Foot support. Shoes should be as comfortable as possible, since the joints and ligaments have the greatest load exceeding the weight of the person. Make sure the foot correctly and steadily stood on the ground. Running on the outside or on the inside of the foot is not useful when practicing jogging.
- When running, breathe properly. Breathing should be smooth and calm. If you feel short of breath, slow down or alternate jogging with walking.
The benefits of such physical activity is obvious. Jogging is suitable for both beginners (the best option to start playing sports), and for professional athletes who need cardio training.
The advantages of slow runs
Jogging has a beneficial effect on the human body. Those who have not done jogging may think that this type of training is not effective, but this is a misconception. The main advantages of such equipment:
- Produced endurance full body. Through the run, the muscles of the body are strengthened and toned. They become more resilient and take shape.
- Strengthens the cardiovascular system. Jogging is a great option for cardio training. The benefits are obvious after a week of such classes.
- If you regularly and systematically run, you can get rid of the problem of shortness of breath, overweight (so calories are burned faster than when doing fitness), relieve stress, improve health.
- Thanks to jogging, osteoporosis, diabetes mellitus, ischemic heart disease, and varicose veins can be prevented.
- Jogging helps cleanse the body of toxins and impurities, so they are an excellent tool for losing weight.
- Blood circulation is improved. When jogging vessels expand, the blood begins to flow actively throughout the body. This contributes to the fact that the body cleanses the blood vessels, removes blockages in them, improves blood flow in the brain and spinal cord.
The benefits of jogging will be obvious if the person is healthy. Those who suffer from diabetes, poor vision, hypertension or have a back injury, before starting such training should be examined by a doctor and make an ECG, take a blood test for cholesterol and sugar, measure the pressure. After the examination, the doctor can either allow a person to jog or recommend another type of physical activity. If there are health problems, it is better not to make mistakes when choosing a sport, after which there may be unpleasant consequences.
Jogging for weight loss
Most people play sports to give their bodies beautiful shapes. The technique of slow runs, like no other, allows you to quickly and efficiently burn calories and improve muscle tone. Properly designed program will allow you to bring your body into proper form in a short period of time.
When jogging 9 km / h, a person with a weight of 70 kg will effectively lose calories (about 12.5 per 1 minute of exercise). If a person has more weight, this indicator also increases. Calories when running just melt, so such physical activity is preferable to static exercises for strength.
In order for calories not to return, on the contrary, they would stop, you need to exercise regularly, gradually increasing the pace of training. Initially it is better to start running at a distance of 3 km. After mastering this “marathon”, increase the mileage by 1-2 km.
Calories will be burned until the body gains optimal weight for its growth. After that, you need to maintain the result and run regularly. The benefits of jogging when losing weight, incredible. This method of weight loss is considered one of the most effective.
When is it better to train: in the morning or in the evening?
A great start to the day is a calm and even run. From morning jogging there will be only advantage, but not harm. For those who want to burn calories and find a beautiful figure, you can do 2 times a day. It will be correct if you start training within an hour after waking up. The body needs time to wake up.
Doctors also recommend running in the morning. To properly distribute your schedule, you can run 30 minutes in the morning and evening. Or 1 hour once a day. Jogging is a whole system for healing the body. Therefore, in the morning you run or in the evening – this is unprincipled. The only aspect is that in the evening you need to do at least 3 hours before bedtime, because running makes the body fresh and energetic.
Calories that are “plucked up” for the whole day can be “kicked out” in the evening at a jogging workout. Although each sport has its own advantages, there is no better way to lose weight.
The benefits of running are invaluable. Firstly, because a person in fact feels fitter and healthier. Secondly – this is a great way to burn calories, because when running, fat is burned the fastest. Thirdly, running is useful for the prevention of many diseases. Properly chosen direction in sports will help make the body elastic, resilient and prolong youth.