Last Updated on
Running is an aerobic exercise that favorably affects the functioning of the heart and blood vessels. The heart muscle, like other muscle tissues, becomes more hardy and strong with regular training. This improves overall health and prolongs life. Running helps to get rid of excess fat deposits and allows you to always keep your body toned. However, already for several decadesa dispute is being debated: whether such loads are useful in the morning and how safe they are.
The benefit of running in the morning
In the benefit of running it is not necessary to doubt, however the morning run has special advantages:
- A charge of vigor, energy and good mood. Running contributes to the production of endorphin and serotonin – hormones of joy, which allows you to charge positive for the day. Cardio-therapy has a positive effect on the emotional and psychological state, minimizes the risk of depression and stress.
- The solution to the problem of lack of appetite. It’s no secret that breakfast is an important meal that triggers metabolic processes and enriches the body with the necessary energy. However, many people and athletes in the morning do not experience hunger. Morning jogging will awaken the appetite and allow you to eat a full-fledged healthy breakfast. Read the article about catabolism to prevent muscle loss.
- Strengthening of immunity. Running increases the body’s resistance to viral and infectious diseases. The jogging in the fresh air promotes hardening.
- Cleansing the body. During running, there is increased sweating, which contributes to the removal of toxins and wastes accumulated in tissues and pores.
- Activation of the process of fat burning. To maintain the energy potential of the body uses carbohydrates, and after the depletion of their stores consumes fats. Typically, fat burning begins 30-45 minutes after the start of training. In the morning, the reserve of carbohydrates is limited after a night’s sleep, so fat burning begins earlier.
- Increased physical strength and endurance.
- Morning jogging raises self-esteem. Early recovery and physical exertion give a sense of superiority over others. The growth of self-esteem makes it possible to achieve success in the business field.
- Running in the mornings in the fresh air provides a sufficient supply of oxygen, which improves the functioning of the lungs, and also supports the functioning of the nervous and circulatory systems.
To get the most benefit from the morning run you need to run away from the roadway – in the park, along the waterfront or in the forest. Running is in sports shoes and comfortable clothes.
It is proved that good music is an excellent motivation for the morning run. And to make it useful you can listen to audiobooks.
Disadvantages and contraindications
The lack of running in the mornings is an early rise, which is especially difficult for people who are more active in the evening. Violation of biorhythms can play a cruel joke and will negatively affect the state of health and mood. Therefore, the true “owls” should carefully weigh “For” and “Against” morning runs.
Refuse to run (in the morning or other time of the day) is for people with diseases of the cardiovascular system: hypertension, angina, congenital or acquired heart defects. Contraindicated cardio patients with thrombophlebitis, as well as those who have blood flow in the brain. Before you start jogging, be sure to consult with your doctor.
The benefit of running in the morning is undeniable – it is a charge of good emotions, energy and vitality. However, it is necessary to take into account all contraindications and to be guided by your health during and after physical exertion.